GUSTARD x9 is the 3rd generation of WM8740 product and here now using the WM8741. GUSTARD finally using the WM8741 and named it x9. The USB 24bit 96kHz sampling rate is no longer able to fulfill audiophile requirement and so x9 using the USB 24bit 192kHz. And Gustard did not stop the USB study and move up the USB requirement to another advance level and finally put the industry famous XMOS program and born the 3rd generation x9.
3rd generation of this dac. This version use XMOS based USB solution which is top-end USB audio chip on market.
Since the introduction WM8740 product, GUSTARD began to study the next generation WM8741 product
After more than a year, several tests and combine many professionals, feedback
Finalized this version, and named - X9
With the USB technology development, USB 24bit/96K is no longer able to music lovers requirements. USB 24BIT/192K became inevitable outcome. X9 born.
Therefore, we did not stop on the USB study, but the requirements for USB is up to another level, after more than six months, we finally put the industry's very famous XMOS program officially launched, also achieved with high-end USB DAC's dream, this is the third generation X9.
1. 2x wolfson WM8741 dac chips -- mono configuration (one chip for one channel)
2. CS8416 SPDIF receiver for 24bit 192k SPSID signal compatibility.
This is most stable and high compatible SPDIF receiving chip on market.
This dac can receive and decode real 24bit 192k SPDIF signal!
Most 24bit/192k dac actually can not deal with 24bit 192k SPDIF signal.
They just use a 24/192 dac chip but fail to perform 24bit 192k capability.
3. XMOS USB Audio Reference 2.0 receiver chip, supporting native Asynchronous 24bit 192K digital output capability.
That it has powerful processing capabilities, is the industry's most advanced digital audio solutions. Achieve USB Audio Class 2.0 Asynchronous Transfer playback, and supports ASIO, KS and other professional audio software interface that supports both Windows and Mac operating systems.
4. Two sealed high grade transformer deployed, one for digital, another for analog circuit.
5. Dedicate voltage regulation circuit, 2 stage for digital circuit, each wm8741 chips have independent second stage regulated power supply.
6. 4x OPA627au (by 2pcs of '2x mono to dual opamp adapter) for analog balanced XLR output.
(VALAB version specified by 2pcs of '2x mono to dual opamp adapter)
7. 2x AD797 OPAMP for analog RCA output. (VALAB version specified)
8. All high grade parts usage, carefully chosen parts for best sound performance.
9. Professional circuit layout to get best circuit stability and great performance.
10. Aluminum housing.
11. Digital Input: balanced Spdif AES/EBU port, RCA, Toslink Optical input and USB
12. Analog Output: balanced analog output via XLR port, single ended output via RCA port (CMC socket; VALAB version specified).
SOURCE: input selection, coaxial / optical / AES, EBU / USB four input switch;
DFSEL: WM8741 five kinds of filter mode, you can choose one according to your favorite.
X9 can automatically identify 32K - 192KHZ signal, and let the chip operates at a frequency corresponding,
Because some X9 is the perfect all-round support for various frequencies.
As the popular blue screen backlight, and white even more loophole without glare.
Screen display are: signal input - digital filter section - signal frequency
Signal frequency can automatically detect significantly depending on the screen, allowing you to keep track of the quality of music (picture front panel is the first generation X9, for reference only)
Gustard x9 x1
Power Cable x1
User Manual x1